One of our newest programs in Lusaka, Zambia has been open for nearly three months.
In that time, we’ve received a constant stream of inspiring stories and photography from our students and from our teams overseas. So, what better way to celebrate these successes than to share them.
Here are some of our favourites.
- Elli, Matthew and Joanna arriving in Zambia. They were some of the very first students to arrive -
- Victoria Falls at sunset - the opportunities for 'wow' moments like this are abundant in Zambia -
I was only in Zambia for a month, but I feel like I changed as a person. When you’re in that environment there are things you note in yourself that you wouldn’t have noted before.
- You can get a different view of the already stunning landscape in a motorised glider -
Even without basic equipment everyone continued without complaint. People were always smiling.
- Local staff want to learn about healthcare where you're from as much as the other way around -
- Weekend trips with new friends are what makes travelling in Zambia special -
WE SAW HIPPOS, ELEPHANTS AND GIRAFFES… THINGS I’LL PROBABLY NEVER SEE AGAIN IN MY LIFE.
- Zambia is all about seeing things that you'd never see back at home -
THE WORK THE WORLD HOUSE ITSELF WAS LOVELY, AS WAS EVERYONE IN IT. WE BECAME FAMILY.
- Friendships, old and new, are at the heart of the Work the World experience -
- Building relationships with local staff opens the door to new clinical experiences for you -
- As with our other destinations, local staff have thoroughly enjoyed having our students around -
By all accounts, Lusaka is an amazing destination to travel to. It seems like this is especially true if you're doing an overseas clinical placement. The experiences people are having in our partner hospital have exceeded even our own high expectations.
You can find out how you can join us in Lusaka by filling out the short form at the bottom of the page, or by giving us a call on the relevant number below:
UK: +44 (0)1273 974634 | AUS: +61 3 7000 6007 | USA: +1 (617) 315 1412 | NL: +31 10 310 08 32