Batangas and Beyond
- Batangas is… “Steeped in Filipino traditions and rich history, with Spanish colonial influences. This university city is surrounded by tropical islands.”
- Immerse yourself in vibrant festivals, and learn about local history touring the city’s grand ancestral houses
- Trek up to Taal Volcano's crater lake, and explore the mangrove forest's floating bamboo walkways
- Take a boat trip to Puerto Galera for scuba diving, nightlife, and stunning beaches
- Local people are proud of their city, incredibly welcoming and will ensure you’re well fed
- Village Healthcare Week: Stay with a village community for a week to learn about local life and healthcare in rural areas.
Accommodation and team
You’ll live at our Batangas house, just over the river from the center of Batangas. With a great location, our quirky and contemporary house has amazing views from its multiple terraces. Spread over three floors, there are characterful living areas and bedrooms to relax and socialize in, chatting about the experiences healthcare internships in The Philippines bring with them.
On hand at all times, our Batangas Program Manager and assistant run the house and provide round-the-clock support. Two meals a day are created by our in-house chef, who also puts on a fantastic BBQ night each week. The rest of the team includes our housekeeper and a language teacher, who delivers two lessons each week.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
A complete contrast to your clinical internship in The Philippines, we highly recommend this optional week. Staying in stunning rural surroundings, you'll live as part of the community in a remote jungle village. Each morning, you’ll visit a nearby health outpost to work with the existing team and provide care for the local township.
Afternoons are free to enjoy the local culture – expect everything from coconut harvesting, mangrove planting, weaving and bracelet making, to waterfall trekking, fishing, and cooking lessons. This experience nicely rounds off all clinical internships in The Philippines.
Placements in The Philippines - Batangas
"It was a testament to the World the World service that the placement far exceeded my expectations."
Adam Garrard, Brighton & Sussex Medical School 2017Read more
"The team in the UK are amazing at the pre-departure process, which made everything so easy. It really was hassle-free".
Laura Kent, University of Worcester 2017Read more