As the sun sets on another year of Work the World adventures, we invite you to showcase your own transformative journey through the 2023 Work the World Video Competition.
From exploring diverse cultures to reflecting on your personal development, your video is a window into the unforgettable experiences that Work the World offers.
What could you win?
- First prize: £100 Amazon or ASOS gift voucher (or equivalent in USD/AUD/EUR) + feature on Work the World social media and a hoodie
- Runner-up prizes: £50 Amazon or ASOS gift voucher (or equivalent in USD/AUD/EUR) + feature on Work the World social media
You can enter if:
- You have previously travelled with Work the World
- You are on your Work the World trip now
- You are going to be on your Work the World trip before the competition closes
Video entry requirements
- Your video can take the form of a video essay, vlog, clip montage or slideshow
- Your video must be between 10 seconds and 2 minutes long
- You can submit as many videos as you like
- Share up to 50 words about why you think this video is a good fit
- Submit your video with our dedicated form at the bottom of this page
Below you'll find some themes you might want to think about. You don’t have to stick to these themes, but they might help you get creative.
Cultural immersion: Shots that emphasise the cultural and travel aspects of your placement — this could be scenic shots, traditional ceremonies or practising local customs
Scrub life: Your hospital placement is a big part of your time overseas — if you have videos of you or your housemates in your hospital wear, we want to see them
Personal growth: A video that celebrates your journey and personal growth — this could show how your Work the World experience has influenced your skills, perspectives and ambitions
Team spirit: Shots that highlight teamwork and camaraderie with your housemates — this could include memorable travel and fun in the Work the World house
⬇︎ ENTER BELOW ⬇︎
The competition is now closed and judges are reviewing entries. Winning participants will be notified of their success no later than 31st January 2024.
Terms and Conditions
1.1 If you enter this competition you are agreeing to the terms and conditions laid out here
1.2.1 The competition costs nothing to enter
1.2.2 The competition is open to all present and former Work the World students
1.2.3 The final date for submitting entries is 15th January 2024
1.2.4 To enter, you must upload your video to our video competition page
1.2.5 Each entrant may submit as many videos as they desire. Winners will be decided based on a single video, and not a series
1.2.6 Work the World will judge all assets internally and rank the winner and runner-up
1.3.1 All winners are final. No negotiation will be entered into
1.3.2 Work the World reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with all requirements laid out in the terms and conditions
1.3.3 The video must be your original work. You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all videos entered
1.4.1 All entrants agree that all videos submitted to the competition may be used by Work the World for promotional purposes
1.4.2 Entrants agree to participate in competition-related marketing and agree to the use of their name and likeness for the purposes of promotion, publicity, and other general advertising without compensation
1.5.1 There are no cash alternatives for these prizes
1.5.2 Participants cannot win more than one prize
1.5.3 Winning participants will be notified of their success no later than 31st January 2024