Lusaka and Beyond
- Lusaka is… “Zambia’s vibrant capital city, with everything from popular bars and restaurants to unmistakably African handicraft markets"
- Peer down into Victoria Falls – one of the seven natural wonders of the world, and go raft down the rapids of the Zambezi River
- Visit one of Zambia’s many game parks to get close to elephants, lions, rhino, impala, buffalo, zebra, and giraffe
- Take a trip to Siavonga, found at the edge of a vast lake, for beaches, boat rides and beers as you watch the sun go down
- Zambian people are proud of their amazing country, and incredibly passionate about sharing their cultures and traditions
- Rural Health Week: To gain insight into the challenges of providing healthcare in a rural setting, you can spend a week immersed in a community, working in a district hospital
TEAM AND ACCOMMODATION
Offering spacious living areas, our house in Lusaka has an open and welcoming layout. With a lounge, dining room, bedrooms and balconies there is an abundance of spaces to socialize with your new housemates. The outdoor area will allow you to enjoy the warm weather or find a quiet spot to chill out with a book.
Your Program Manager and their assistant are responsible for running the house, providing round-the-clock support. There’s a housekeeper, a chef who’ll cook two delicious meals each day (weekly BBQ nights included), and a language teacher who hosts lessons twice weekly.
RURAL HEALTHCARE WEEK
On top of your city-based placement in Lusaka, you can spend an extra week in a rural village as a way to gain insight into authentic Zambian culture and healthcare.
Spend time in the village’s health center working with a specialist to help treat the local population in the mornings. In the afternoons, you’ll get to grips with rural culture as you take part in all manner of specially arranged activities — from learning how to make local dishes, to exploring the natural beauty found in the surrounding areas.