We offer FULL support to you and your faculty, including:
- A streamlined documentation process
- Aligning our internships with your particular faculty's expectations and safety protocols, as well as accrediting body guidelines
- Full risk assessments conducted to a rigorous standard per-destination
- A letter confirming each student’s place on an internship
- Signed confirmation of hours each student has spent in the hospital
- Certificates confirming your students have completed their internship
- Comprehensive information on health and safety
- Useful information around insurance
- Offering you full control over which programs and destinations your students can travel to
- Once the student has secured a space on one of our programs, we can also provide information like hospital names and addresses, supervisors name/position within the hospital etc.
If your school requires officially documented and signed information about any facet of a students’ placement please contact us and we can discuss this in more detail.
how We can help you
We have robust health and safety protocols and procedures in place across every area of our organization.
If you have specific requirements around students’ supervision, or the structure of their placements, we can normally accommodate them. Local staff can oversee basic paperwork too, such as signing off how many hours your students spent on the wards.
To demonstrate our commitment to you and your students we can also develop a custom Memorandum of Understanding between Work the World and your school. Everything will be documented and signed for extra assurance.
Please also be aware that while students need to be appropriately insured before they can travel with us, we do not require you as a university to hold insurance for your students. You can read the ‘Insurance’ section for more information.
OUR Global University Partnerships INCLUDE:
Earning credit towards qualifications
The relationships we have with universities are mutually arranged, which allows us to customize agreements to your school.
Some schools allow their students to use our overseas internships as means by which to earn credits towards their degrees.
Schools suggest that having a credit-awarding overseas internship option as a part of their course is an attractive prospective students.
We can arrange this for your students using frameworks we use with other universities. Alternatively, we can create new frameworks with you and your students in mind.
To discuss your options, please call us on +1 (617) 315 1412 or email us via email@example.com
Costs and Payments
Students can secure a place with us for $400 USD. They can then pay the remaining balance in one final payment, or in a number of flexible payments.
When paying the balance over time, students can choose the amount and the frequency of the payments. We only ask that the balance is paid at least 90 days before their departure date.
- A customized overseas internship
- Guidance from our team of internship consultants
- Comprehensive pre-departure preparation process
- Support with all university documentation
- Access to MyTrip (personalized online internship planner)
- Unique experience in specially selected partner hospitals
- Guaranteed, structured clinical supervision (English-speaking)
- Airport pick-up, city orientation & hospital introductions
- Private, catered accommodation
- 24/7 support from experienced in-country teams
- Free local language lessons twice per-week
Some universities we work with have overseas study bursaries, grants, scholarships or similar and students are encouraged to take advantage of them. If you would like us to let students know about your institution’s overseas bursary, grant or scholarship, please get in touch. Many of the students that travel with us each year actually self-fund their international internships.
We host and attend events all over the world, from face-to-face presentations to hosting entire medical and nursing cohorts as well as workshops via online video conferencing.
We can speak to your students about international modules, or more generally about overseas internships. We can also create a customized presentation in collaboration with your faculty.
If you’d like us to talk to your students about overseas internships, please get in touch. We are able to accommodate most requests, so please speak to a member of our team to find out more.
Visit a destination
We operate a policy of transparency, and actively encourage you to visit our programs to see them for yourself.
On a faculty visit we will arrange a tour of the Work the World house and our partner hospitals, and arrange meetings with the hospitals’ senior supervisors.
An overseas visit is the best way for you to gain a deep understanding of what the experience is like for your students in-country. If you’d like to arrange a faculty visit to one of our programs, please get in touch.