pokhara and beyond
- Pokhara is… “A lakeside city in the Himalayan foothills, with a relaxed vibe.”
- Take in the views of Pokhara Valley from the peace pagoda
- Trek up to Sarangkot village and watch the sun come up over the snowy mountains
- Paraglide above the lake, brave a bungee jump or go whitewater rafting
- Experience festivals, eat dal bhat with the locals, and learn about their Indian and Asian cultural influences
- Village Healthcare Week: Spend a week in a mountain village with the Gurung people, and learn about rural healthcare and mountain culture.
Accommodation and team
You’ll be living at our spacious Pokhara house, which has a relaxed atmosphere and great views – for the best vistas, head straight to the rooftop terrace where you can socialize with your housemates.
Taking care of everything at the house is our Pokhara Program Manager and their assistant. Together, they provide round-the-clock support. Delicious meals are cooked twice a day by our chef, including at our weekly BBQ night, while our housekeeper does the cleaning. To help you learn the local language, our teacher delivers lessons twice a week.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
In addition to your clinical internship in Pokhara, our village experience week sees you living with a rural family in the Himalayan mountains.
Mornings are spent at the local health outpost, where you’ll help to treat the surrounding community with limited rural resources. During the afternoons, you’ll learn more about the community and their culture. With help from our guide, you can trek to Hindu temples and visit the local schools, as well as try on the traditional clothing, make local bread, and learn to cook a traditional meal. This once-in-a-lifetime experience is the perfect way to end your healthcare internship in Nepal.
Placements in Nepal - Pokhara
"Culturally, the Village Healthcare Week was a really great experience."
TOM NOTEMAN, QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST 2017Read more
"X-rays were constantly taken with multiple patients and family in the room".
Alison Clarke, Birmingham City University 2015Read more
"I would definitely recommend this program, all the Nepalese people are wonderful".
Madison Heil, University of San Francisco 2015Read more
It was amazing to see how involved the families are with patient care
Katherine Biggs and Aimee Magnarelli, New York Institute of Technology 2015Read more
Time in Pokhara has passed so quickly. This has been an experience unlike any other I have had
Nicoletta Frankenstein, Wright State University 2015Read more