pokhara and beyond
- Pokhara is… “A lakeside city in the Himalayan foothills, with a relaxed vibe.”
- Take in the views of Pokhara Valley from the peace pagoda
- Trek up to Sarangkot village and watch the sun come up over the snowy mountains
- Paraglide above the lake, brave a bungee jump or go whitewater rafting
- Experience festivals, eat dal bhat with the locals, and learn about their Indian and Asian cultural influences
- Village Healthcare Week: Spend a week in a mountain village with the Gurung people, and learn about rural healthcare and mountain culture.
Accommodation and team
You’ll be living at our spacious Pokhara house, which has a relaxed atmosphere and great views – for the best vistas, head straight to the rooftop terrace where you can socialize with your housemates.
Taking care of everything at the house is our Pokhara Program Manager and their assistant. Together, they provide round-the-clock support. Delicious meals are cooked twice a day by our chef, including at our weekly BBQ night, while our housekeeper does the cleaning. To help you learn the local language, our teacher delivers lessons twice a week.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
In addition to your clinical internship in Pokhara, our village experience week sees you living with a rural family in the Himalayan mountains.
Mornings are spent at the local health outpost, where you’ll help to treat the surrounding community with limited rural resources. During the afternoons, you’ll learn more about the community and their culture. With help from our guide, you can trek to Hindu temples and visit the local schools, as well as try on the traditional clothing, make local bread, and learn to cook a traditional meal. This once-in-a-lifetime experience is the perfect way to end your healthcare internship in Nepal.
Placements in Nepal - Pokhara
"The time I spent in Nepal continues to impact my life today."
Katherine Allan, Pennsylvania State University 2018Read more
"I couldn’t help but stare in awe at the mountains in the background of the lake. It was like something out of a fairytale."
Zabrina Ebert, Midwestern University 2018Read more
"This trip has boosted my confidence not only within a clinical setting but also in travelling alone."
Hannah Mainprize, Northumbria University 2018Read more
"I hope to visit again one day, I could not recommend this placement more."
Dominic Lowe, University of Manchester 2018Read more
"I faced the sometimes confronting realities of healthcare in Nepal."
Elisabeth Revenich, 2018Read more