Kathmandu and beyond
- Kathmandu is… “The buzzing capital of Nepal, with colorful markets, and rich artistic heritage.”
- Explore ancient Buddhist pagodas, and Hindu temples
- Discover Thamel, feel the buzz of the busy backpacker hub
- Hike through the Himalayas, go paragliding over snow-capped peaks, and dive headfirst off one of the highest bungee jumps in the world
- Talkative, energetic, and full of fascinating stories, the city’s diverse population comes from far and wide
- Village Healthcare Week: Add yet another experience to your Nepalese placement, with a week in the Himalayas, learning the local way of life of the Gurung people.
accommodation and team
Spacious and beautifully furnished, our private house, is located in an upscale eastern area of Kathmandu. The rooms are spread over three floors, and the panoramic views from the roof terrace are sensational. The main living space is next to the kitchen, creating a great social heart within the house where you can chat with housemates about everything you’ve seen on your clinical internship in Nepal.
Our Kathmandu Program Manager and their assistant oversee day-to-day operations at the house, and provide 24/7 support throughout. You’ll have two tasty meals cooked by our chef each day, and our weekly BBQ night is always good fun. Our housekeeper takes care of the cleaning and a local language teacher visits twice a week to host lessons.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
Our village healthcare week is a one-off opportunity to discover a completely different side to healthcare in Nepal. Living in the Himalayan foothills for a week, you’ll gain firsthand experience of rural healthcare and local mountain culture.
The Gurung people will welcome you into their community, and you’ll accompany them to their village health post each morning. Here, resources are far more limited than they are in the city. Afternoons are about immersing yourself in Gurung culture. You can learn how to fish, milk buffalo, and cook local meals, as well as visit, local temples and meet the village shaman. This experience really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Placements in Nepal - Kathmandu
"These experiences will be beneficial for your personal and working life forever!"
Thymen Houwen, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam 2017Read more
"Life at the Work the World house was incredible"
Navin Leanage, University Of Leicester 2017Read more
"Nepal has stolen a piece of my heart".
Progga Saha, Bond University 2016Read more
"The student midwives we worked with took us out to go sight-seeing".
Katherine Amis and Charli Plunket, University of East Anglia 2015Read more
"It was wonderful to spend time with other like-minded professional".
Cecilia Marti, Champlain Regional College 2015Read more